Complicatedly simple, or simply complicated?


Wednesday, August 02, 2006

mood lonely

And I look to my Eskimo friend.

I'm just swimming in aloneness now, quite literally and most figuratively. Damn it for being a girl, innit? I'm just chilling in my room listening to Damien Rice when i suddenly felt a pang of loneliness.

Yesterday i was reading Jodi Picoult's The Pact, which was about a teen couple who supposedly had a suicide pact to die together, romeo and juliet style. However by some twist of fate, Chris didn't die, and was then charged with manslaughter for allegedly killing Emily (spoiler: of course he did not). Later on as the story unfolds, Chris discovered, that Emily was pregnant 11 weeks with his child before she died. He was thrown into a messy state of confusion, wondering what was it that prevented her from telling him, because they both know that Chris would have married Emily, had she told him the truth, because he loved her with all his heart.



"My whole life was about her," Chris said, his voice thick.

"What if her whole life wasn't all about me?"



I see myself in Chris, and that makes me a little lonely. and rather confused too.

posted at 11:52 PM by Felice







About Me

Felicia

23

is a free spirit | is straight | loves to drink | but is a cheap drunk | loves travelling too much | lives for good food | wants to ride on a hot air balloon | hates ignorance | hates mediocrity | hates meaningless conversations | loves walking in the rain |


Indonesia, Singapore


feliciadeanneATgmailDOTcom



Archives


2003-2006



Blogroll

Beautiful amnesia
Chookoolonks
Dooce
Dubdew
Ickleoriental
Karencheng
Momster
Popagandhi
So, cat tacos?
Waiter Rant



Travel blogs

Travelfish
Travelfish blog
Out there somewhere
The globeTROTTERS
Lonely Planet Thorn Tree Travel Forum
Lonely Planet Haystack



Food blogs

Chubbyhubby
The breakfast blog
Whipped the blog
Pinch My Salt
Kitchen Unplugged



Photography

Markus Hartel
Paul Politis
Stuck in Customs



Friends

Adlin
Charles
Clement chio
Denyse
Gideon
Keerling
Kristin
Monica



Shout to me



Credits

design by maystar
graphics by maystar
powered by blogger

| maystar designs |