Complicatedly simple, or simply complicated?


Wednesday, February 28, 2007

mood awake

Everyone Needs a Reality Check Once in a While

Tonight is such a quiet night. It's only 1130 and Wayne and Maysan's doors are already closed, with no more light seeping out from beneath. So quiet. A little not used to it.

I'm feeling somewhat sombre tonight, for reasons I cannot explain.

Anyway, just thought I will upload the pictures of our dinner on monday, which Wayne cooked.



Wayne is a potato freak. So far I don't remember a single meal he has cooked which doesn't have potatoes in it. And I am definitely not complaining. Mashed, sliced and baked in cream, mashed and pan-fried, you name it, he's cooked it. He can eat half a plate of mashed potato by himself, and I believe he hallucinates about potatoes too when he is drunk.

I have finally met my match!



Anyway the dish was some mustard pork fillet on aubergine, with sauted yellow squash, snow peas and mushrooms. And of course, mashed potatoes. The pork fillet was really juicy and tender! I think it's got to do with the cut, and how he baked it. Anyway, I was never really a fan of brinjal, because the brinjal dish which I have seen so far always involve it being cooked with gunks of chilli until it acquired some sick grey vomit colour and gooey consistency. But this time it was actually really nice :) I could even do with a second helping haha.

Anyway, we are going to Byron Bay this weekend and also to go climb Mt. Warning. It is about 1400 metre high and including the journey down, it's going to be a 5 hour hike. I sure hope that I will come back in one piece and in as glam a state as possible. *flicks hair*

Labels: ,


posted at 9:52 PM by Felice







About Me

Felicia

23

is a free spirit | is straight | loves to drink | but is a cheap drunk | loves travelling too much | lives for good food | wants to ride on a hot air balloon | hates ignorance | hates mediocrity | hates meaningless conversations | loves walking in the rain |


Indonesia, Singapore


feliciadeanneATgmailDOTcom



Archives


2003-2006



Blogroll

Beautiful amnesia
Chookoolonks
Dooce
Dubdew
Ickleoriental
Karencheng
Momster
Popagandhi
So, cat tacos?
Waiter Rant



Travel blogs

Travelfish
Travelfish blog
Out there somewhere
The globeTROTTERS
Lonely Planet Thorn Tree Travel Forum
Lonely Planet Haystack



Food blogs

Chubbyhubby
The breakfast blog
Whipped the blog
Pinch My Salt
Kitchen Unplugged



Photography

Markus Hartel
Paul Politis
Stuck in Customs



Friends

Adlin
Charles
Clement chio
Denyse
Gideon
Keerling
Kristin
Monica



Shout to me



Credits

design by maystar
graphics by maystar
powered by blogger

| maystar designs |