Complicatedly simple, or simply complicated?


Sunday, February 11, 2007

mood calm

Q1

Hi all! I'm a bit of a lazy ass today and don't really feel like writing today. You know, it is the sunday syndrome. The dammit-tomorrow-is-monday-so-I-shall-spend-my-last-day-of-the-weekend-cabbaging syndrome.

Anyway! Just for the sake of documenting, yesterday maysan and I went to Q1 observatory tower at surfers' paradise. It is this 78-storey tower that just got completed less than a year ago and is supposed to be taller than the Eiffel yadda yadda sort of thing. From the 77th & 78th storey you can see heaps of great view and on a really clear day you could apparently see the whole of brisbane city all the way to Byron bay. Yesterday was a sunny day, albeit not that clear so we didnt manage to see Byron Bay and Tweed heads that clearly. What excited me the most was the stunning view of this whole massive body of water which spanned almost the full length of one side of the building, it was of such a beautiful colour of azure blue and I have really never seen such a humongous piece of water just before my very eyes like that. Because Q1 is at Surfers' Paradise and is just a short walk from the beach, the view of the ocean was particularly clear and magnificent.

It was totally awesome.


Edited photo courtesy of maysan





Too captivated by the hugeass piece of ocean.

I'm really excited about black & white photos now. Yesterday I lugged my Yashica along to do sightseeing with me and boy, it really is tough to visualise things in black and white. Did a bit of research today and it got me all pumped up for next week. Can't wait to take more BW photos! And I wish photoshop is easier to learn so next time I can do up all my photos nicely with captions and all. tough tough.

T'was a happy day! :)

Labels:


posted at 1:42 PM by Felice







About Me

Felicia

23

is a free spirit | is straight | loves to drink | but is a cheap drunk | loves travelling too much | lives for good food | wants to ride on a hot air balloon | hates ignorance | hates mediocrity | hates meaningless conversations | loves walking in the rain |


Indonesia, Singapore


feliciadeanneATgmailDOTcom



Archives


2003-2006



Blogroll

Beautiful amnesia
Chookoolonks
Dooce
Dubdew
Ickleoriental
Karencheng
Momster
Popagandhi
So, cat tacos?
Waiter Rant



Travel blogs

Travelfish
Travelfish blog
Out there somewhere
The globeTROTTERS
Lonely Planet Thorn Tree Travel Forum
Lonely Planet Haystack



Food blogs

Chubbyhubby
The breakfast blog
Whipped the blog
Pinch My Salt
Kitchen Unplugged



Photography

Markus Hartel
Paul Politis
Stuck in Customs



Friends

Adlin
Charles
Clement chio
Denyse
Gideon
Keerling
Kristin
Monica



Shout to me



Credits

design by maystar
graphics by maystar
powered by blogger

| maystar designs |