Complicatedly simple, or simply complicated?

Monday, April 23, 2007

mood droopy

O'Reilly's Tree Top Walk

My Industrial Attachment is ending in a little less than two weeks. Last week and this week has been spent working in the office, which is the epitome of slack-fest because our supervisor simply ran out of assignments for me to do and hence, while maysan is busy slogging it out in the lab, I have got all the time in the world to bury my head into the computer screen surfing the ne.. I mean.. doing my reports. With ehem.. lots of breaks in between.

I had forgotten how it felt to be cannibalizing my brain cells doing lab reports. It feels AWFUL! But small matter, small matter. Because despite the annoyance at all this obligatory academic paperworks, I am still ahead of myself, having completed the second progress report to be handed in at the end of this week. And the sheer thought that I am spared the last minute mad-reporting before I leave for Melbourne on 5th May was just such a comfort.

But there is still the final report. And my ass has been glued to his swivelling chair for nearly the whole morning in the final battle of spewing it out from my system. My brain has been swimming in the frying pan for quite a while now, so much so that there was hardly any time for monday blues.

Monday blues.. not because there are there are still 4 more days to the weekend, but because another week has begun, and I know it will be over all too soon.

Anyway, so we spent the weekend at Sunshine Coast, which was SUCH a sleepy town that the train only comes once a day.


Before I embark on the gargantuan task of narrating the weekend in words and pictures (I can just feel laziness seeping out from my bones this very moment), I shall first reserve this space for the pictures from the O'Reilly's tree top walk that we did eons ago during the Easter break.

Yes I know.. But better late than never, heyyy? :)

Anywayyy... so Nathan came over to stay for a night during the long Easter weekend and the next day the ever so nice uncle wayne brought us to O'Reilly's for another date with mother nature. Man, this place just never seems to run out of mountains to climb and national parks to explore. The polar opposite of Singapore, whose only claim to being green is... Bukit Timah Hill. And East Coast Park.

The weather up there was colder than it was at the bottom, but it was a comfortable air-con-y cool kind of weather, and I absolutely loved it! Maysan, however, the less cold tolerant one of the lot, had to resort to wearing a beanie to warm her head. haha.

The tree top walk consists of many segments of bridges that seemed like they were suspended mid-air, snaking through all the lush greenery. We were practically walking through the canopy and the bridges creaked, squeaked and swayed left and right while we the fat elephants, trudged through the little wooden planks.

Doesn't that look mighty cool!! :D

There was also a few timber deck sections where we could climb all the way up to the tree tops to see scenery from up there. It was a very steep and vertical climb, so much so that the lady after us bailed after barely halfway up the ladder.

The whole national park is just so humongous and full of countless trails that it would literally take half a lifetime just to explore them all. Some of the trails were over 20 km and some takes a 10-hour walk, which is quite insane! So anyway we just did the baby ones.

There was the Wishin Tree, which is this huge tree with a huge trunk and a somewhat hollow middle. Theoretically, you are supposed to stand inside and make a wish. I didn't believe in all this wish-wishing tell tale stories though, so while everyone else got into a frenzy of wishing for a new house, a new car, a new boyfriend/girlfriend/dog/cat and whatnot, I just strolled through the hole. haha.

We could do bird feeding too, a little like the one at Currumbin, but this one was way better because there were no fences, no barrier, just a few big trees, the birds, and us. Wayne bought a packet of bird feed and all we had to do was scoop a handful of it, put it on our palms and lift it up high, and barely a minute later a random bird would just come swooping down and perch on our wrists while pecking at the seeds.

The birds really had a lot of nerve because they made many landings on our heads too, those cheeky little things! We spent quite some time feeding the birds and had a jolly good time, even though by the end of it my wrist had some angry red criss-crossing marks from their claws. Wayne had none! And we had had many discussions about this, but this just proved my theory that Wayne has a thick skin. Like, totally. haha. Maysan wasn't very comfortable with the birds so she didnt do a lot of feeding and at the end of the day, I was the only one who looked like a junkie after many failed suicide attempts. Gross!

It was a happy day :)

Sunshine Coast pictures coming up next!

Labels: ,

posted at 3:09 PM by Felice

About Me



is a free spirit | is straight | loves to drink | but is a cheap drunk | loves travelling too much | lives for good food | wants to ride on a hot air balloon | hates ignorance | hates mediocrity | hates meaningless conversations | loves walking in the rain |

Indonesia, Singapore





Beautiful amnesia
So, cat tacos?
Waiter Rant

Travel blogs

Travelfish blog
Out there somewhere
Lonely Planet Thorn Tree Travel Forum
Lonely Planet Haystack

Food blogs

The breakfast blog
Whipped the blog
Pinch My Salt
Kitchen Unplugged


Markus Hartel
Paul Politis
Stuck in Customs


Clement chio

Shout to me


design by maystar
graphics by maystar
powered by blogger

| maystar designs |