Complicatedly simple, or simply complicated?


Tuesday, July 31, 2007

mood contented


Morning Carbo Rush

Yesterday night I had a sudden and impulsive thought: LETS HAVE PANCAKES FOR BREAKFAST TOMORROW!

So around midnight, when everyone was asleep, I pottered around the kitchen and made a batch of batter so that I can do up a coupla quickies for my siblings before they leave for school the next day. I followed what Wayne taught me. But seriously, it cant even be considered as a recipe because everything was an estimation.

When I eventually crawled out of bed at 6am and scrambled for the pots and pans, silly me forgot to stir the batter. Overnight, the batter had settled a little and since I only scooped out the top, the pancakes were quite thin. So I improvised and quickly told my sibs, "Ok, I change my mind. We are having crepes now."

Haha.

But when I eventually REALISED it and gave it a good stir before making a few for my own breakfast later on in the morning, it turned out beeeeyuuuutiful.






Oh, how gorgeous. Wayne ought to be proud!


Pancakes for Those with Gut Feelings
(edit: forgot the sugar and salt....)

Ingredients :
4 eggs
Milk (roughly 500ml
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
Self-raising flour
1 tbsp of butter, melted

Method :
Beat the eggs and milk together until combined, add sugar and salt and mix some more. Then sift the flour into the egg and milk mixture while stirring until smooth. Add enough flour until the batter acquires a thick consistency (this is where the gut feeling comes in). Then stir in the melted butter.


Then the easiest part: Fry, eat and get fat! :)

Labels:


posted at 12:43 PM by Felice







About Me

Felicia

23

is a free spirit | is straight | loves to drink | but is a cheap drunk | loves travelling too much | lives for good food | wants to ride on a hot air balloon | hates ignorance | hates mediocrity | hates meaningless conversations | loves walking in the rain |


Indonesia, Singapore


feliciadeanneATgmailDOTcom



Archives


2003-2006



Blogroll

Beautiful amnesia
Chookoolonks
Dooce
Dubdew
Ickleoriental
Karencheng
Momster
Popagandhi
So, cat tacos?
Waiter Rant



Travel blogs

Travelfish
Travelfish blog
Out there somewhere
The globeTROTTERS
Lonely Planet Thorn Tree Travel Forum
Lonely Planet Haystack



Food blogs

Chubbyhubby
The breakfast blog
Whipped the blog
Pinch My Salt
Kitchen Unplugged



Photography

Markus Hartel
Paul Politis
Stuck in Customs



Friends

Adlin
Charles
Clement chio
Denyse
Gideon
Keerling
Kristin
Monica



Shout to me



Credits

design by maystar
graphics by maystar
powered by blogger

| maystar designs |