Complicatedly simple, or simply complicated?


Wednesday, July 18, 2007

mood icky


Too Hot to Handle

Now I know why I get so restless when I am in Singapore.

It is the BLOODY weather. It is too hot. And it makes a world of difference.

I tried to cook a pot of mashed potatoes and barely 5 minutes into mashing, I have got a bathtub worth of sweat running down every inch of my body. I attempted to vaccuum the bloody house and after 10 back-numbing minutes, I thought I had had enough. It was icky, and I have got my fringe all matted to my forehead, so grotesque that Sadako would have been proud.

You know why a lot of Singaporean women cant be bothered with chores? Skip all the feminist let-the-men-do-that critics. Though that might be true, too. But the truth is, it is just too unglam. Like, seriously. I wouldnt want guests coming to my house when I am mopping the floor and drowning in my own pool of sweat.

Anyway, today I went to meet R's mum to pass her some things, and being the nice lady that she is, she got me a box of curry puffs from Coffee Bean. When I came back home and was sitting at the dining table watching my siblings eat, my brother asked, in between mouthfuls of curry puff, "Where you got these from?" And I said, "From R's mum."

And he stopped mid-chew and frowned at me.

His expression was damn classic, and I just thought that was very funny.

ANYWAYS! Look who's home! :)





I get too lazy to blog nowadays because I am too busy chasing Elmo all around the house. When I let her out of the cage, she explores every. single. crevice and corner of the house. And everytime we open the bedroom door, she practically flies over from the other end of the house because she is just dying to get in to explore.

She's a traveller-bunny, that one. Just like her owner. :)

Labels: ,


posted at 10:44 PM by Felice







About Me

Felicia

23

is a free spirit | is straight | loves to drink | but is a cheap drunk | loves travelling too much | lives for good food | wants to ride on a hot air balloon | hates ignorance | hates mediocrity | hates meaningless conversations | loves walking in the rain |


Indonesia, Singapore


feliciadeanneATgmailDOTcom



Archives


2003-2006



Blogroll

Beautiful amnesia
Chookoolonks
Dooce
Dubdew
Ickleoriental
Karencheng
Momster
Popagandhi
So, cat tacos?
Waiter Rant



Travel blogs

Travelfish
Travelfish blog
Out there somewhere
The globeTROTTERS
Lonely Planet Thorn Tree Travel Forum
Lonely Planet Haystack



Food blogs

Chubbyhubby
The breakfast blog
Whipped the blog
Pinch My Salt
Kitchen Unplugged



Photography

Markus Hartel
Paul Politis
Stuck in Customs



Friends

Adlin
Charles
Clement chio
Denyse
Gideon
Keerling
Kristin
Monica



Shout to me



Credits

design by maystar
graphics by maystar
powered by blogger

| maystar designs |