Complicatedly simple, or simply complicated?


Monday, September 17, 2007

mood stomach ache


Keep in Touch

A few days ago while stoning away during Flavour Science lecture, I received an sms from a college friend I have not spoken to for a year. We used to be quite close but somehow had started to drift ever since she had a boyfriend (as is always the case). It goes like this:


Hey fel, I'm getting married next month. Would you like to come. But you have to wear traditional Indian clothing.


I tell you, my eyeballs nearly catapulted out of their sockets. Literally ten thousand thoughts were running through my mind. But she is only 22! And she is still in school! Did she drop out of school? Why didn't she tell me anything!?? Why so sudden? Did she get pregnant?? Is it a shot-gun?? But hey, wearing traditional Indian clothing to her wedding would be quite cool. Hmm what colour is good?

That sms caused so much chaos in my brain that I actually came out of lecture for a while and gave her a call, and I didn't realise I was almost yelling into the phone when I blasted, "Are you really getting married???"

And that idiotic girl started guffawing into the phone and said, "No it's just a joke. Cos we havent spoken to each other for so long and I thought that would be a funny way to get things started."

I thought that was a bit sweet and quite amusing. But seriously, how come my friends are all so wEirD?!?!

Labels:


posted at 10:33 PM by Felice







About Me

Felicia

23

is a free spirit | is straight | loves to drink | but is a cheap drunk | loves travelling too much | lives for good food | wants to ride on a hot air balloon | hates ignorance | hates mediocrity | hates meaningless conversations | loves walking in the rain |


Indonesia, Singapore


feliciadeanneATgmailDOTcom



Archives


2003-2006



Blogroll

Beautiful amnesia
Chookoolonks
Dooce
Dubdew
Ickleoriental
Karencheng
Momster
Popagandhi
So, cat tacos?
Waiter Rant



Travel blogs

Travelfish
Travelfish blog
Out there somewhere
The globeTROTTERS
Lonely Planet Thorn Tree Travel Forum
Lonely Planet Haystack



Food blogs

Chubbyhubby
The breakfast blog
Whipped the blog
Pinch My Salt
Kitchen Unplugged



Photography

Markus Hartel
Paul Politis
Stuck in Customs



Friends

Adlin
Charles
Clement chio
Denyse
Gideon
Keerling
Kristin
Monica



Shout to me



Credits

design by maystar
graphics by maystar
powered by blogger

| maystar designs |