Complicatedly simple, or simply complicated?


Thursday, November 08, 2007

mood in disbelief


Locked out of my own room.

I came back today to find that my bedroom door has malfunctioned and I am locked out of my bedroom. The holder of the spare key, which is my sister, is off galivanting at east coast for the night. There is a guest sharing my brother's room until Thursday, and considering the fact that the couch in this house consists of a wooden IKEA one-seater, that translates to me not having a place to sleep tonight.

I. CANNOT. BELIEVE. THIS.

So after that initial few minutes of utter disbelief, another few minutes of venting my frustrations on clueless siblings, I forced myself to come to terms with the fact that tonight, I have no place to sleep. No toothbrush, no shampoo, no moisturiser. No quilt to snuggle in, no aircon, to fluffy pillow to rest my head, no bolster to hug, no nothing. All separated from me by a sturdy block of wood that at this moment, I am having difficulty controlling myself not to bang down by brute strength.

I like my room, and I have good reasons to believe that my brother does too. He claims that our aircon is cooler, and our toilet is better. He always comes to our toilet to shit, because unlike his toilet, we have the sitting down WC instead of the squatting WC. Sometimes I would holler at him for stinking up our toilet, "Why can't you shit in your own toilet?!"

To which he would answer, "Have you ever TRIED shitting at my toilet? After you finish shitting, you can't feel your legs!" Then I would feign indifference and proceed to shoo him off in the direction of his own toilet.

Just a while ago, upon successfully fishing out bits and pieces of clothes to wear from the laundry basket, still feeling very fed up by my unfortunate predicament, I asked my brother, "Can I borrow your towel? I want to shower at your toilet tonight."

And then he, flashing me the cheekiest grin that he could muster, gleefully said to me,



"Jie, do you feel like SHITTING tonight? Hehe."

Labels:


posted at 12:10 AM by Felice







About Me

Felicia

23

is a free spirit | is straight | loves to drink | but is a cheap drunk | loves travelling too much | lives for good food | wants to ride on a hot air balloon | hates ignorance | hates mediocrity | hates meaningless conversations | loves walking in the rain |


Indonesia, Singapore


feliciadeanneATgmailDOTcom



Archives


2003-2006



Blogroll

Beautiful amnesia
Chookoolonks
Dooce
Dubdew
Ickleoriental
Karencheng
Momster
Popagandhi
So, cat tacos?
Waiter Rant



Travel blogs

Travelfish
Travelfish blog
Out there somewhere
The globeTROTTERS
Lonely Planet Thorn Tree Travel Forum
Lonely Planet Haystack



Food blogs

Chubbyhubby
The breakfast blog
Whipped the blog
Pinch My Salt
Kitchen Unplugged



Photography

Markus Hartel
Paul Politis
Stuck in Customs



Friends

Adlin
Charles
Clement chio
Denyse
Gideon
Keerling
Kristin
Monica



Shout to me



Credits

design by maystar
graphics by maystar
powered by blogger

| maystar designs |