Complicatedly simple, or simply complicated?


Thursday, December 27, 2007

mood hot


Out of Sync

You know that you have really been MIA when familiar numbers start looking like calculus.


F: Hi, just to confirm with you, later I will be coming at 11 am. May I know if your house number is #06-30 or #06-31? I've been away for so long that I've forgotten!

Tuition kids' parent: Hahaha... busy girl... my house number is #06-40.


For the benefit of the clueless, over here I am talking about my thrice a week english tutor stint. The kids I am taunting are two very adorable taiwanese siblings. Only 7 and 9 yo. After not having seen them for 3 weeks (when I was busy getting dirty in some rainforests), I actually kinda missed them.

Today I walked into the house and the first thing Tiffany did was shove a box into my hands. I stood there looking blank for a second before the mum brought me back to earth. She wanted to get you a Christmas present. And that was when I realised that what I was holding was a box of potpourri fastened with gold ribbons at two corners.

An hour passed while we got lost in a tornado of spelling words - treasure, difficult, kitchen, thunder, hippopotamus. I convinced her that the plural of hippopotamus is really hippopotami, much to her disdain. "We can just call them hippos", she said. And then she hoisted herself onto my lap while doing grammar, trying to differentiate These and Those. After my time was up, she decided she wanted to do an essay, all because of the big Betty Boop sticker that she had been eyeing. Kids and stickers. They work wonders. So I stayed another hour and we wrote about My mother's birthday. This is the same girl who exclaimed "But why???" when I told her I wouldnt be coming for three weeks, before I flew off to Sarawak.

I trudged home past lunch time, and caught my own reflection on a particular glass door, looking like I just crawled out of bed, among other things. And for a split second I couldn't help but wonder, what is there to like?

On another note, Mt. Ophir trip coming up! Everything is still vague but at least now I have something to look forward to. I feel so restless when I have no trip to plan for. haha.



At the end of the day, we are just doing whatever it takes to make ourselves happy.

Labels:


posted at 2:42 PM by Felice







About Me

Felicia

23

is a free spirit | is straight | loves to drink | but is a cheap drunk | loves travelling too much | lives for good food | wants to ride on a hot air balloon | hates ignorance | hates mediocrity | hates meaningless conversations | loves walking in the rain |


Indonesia, Singapore


feliciadeanneATgmailDOTcom



Archives


2003-2006



Blogroll

Beautiful amnesia
Chookoolonks
Dooce
Dubdew
Ickleoriental
Karencheng
Momster
Popagandhi
So, cat tacos?
Waiter Rant



Travel blogs

Travelfish
Travelfish blog
Out there somewhere
The globeTROTTERS
Lonely Planet Thorn Tree Travel Forum
Lonely Planet Haystack



Food blogs

Chubbyhubby
The breakfast blog
Whipped the blog
Pinch My Salt
Kitchen Unplugged



Photography

Markus Hartel
Paul Politis
Stuck in Customs



Friends

Adlin
Charles
Clement chio
Denyse
Gideon
Keerling
Kristin
Monica



Shout to me



Credits

design by maystar
graphics by maystar
powered by blogger

| maystar designs |