Complicatedly simple, or simply complicated?


Thursday, May 15, 2008

mood muscle ache


Chiang Mai Day 3 - Post trekking

Yesterday, while I was clumsily balancing myself on muddy rocks, it occurred to me that actually when I think about it, it seems almost preposterous and devoid of common sense, the fact that I always go chasing after terrains to ascend and descend. Maybe I am just silly, maybe I dont know any better. I, the one who hit the tracks an average of once in two months, the one who very possibly belongs to the extreme lower quartile of the fitness scale of the whole earth population. Whatever it is, my muscle aches now is telling me that I deserve it.

So I was thinking that maybe that's enough of up-and-down trekking for now. At least for the next *^%$ months.

That wasn't until John msn-ed me a while ago:

J: Felicia, I think I want to try going trekking. I am shopping for trekking boots. Lets go trekking in December!

F: Okay!

J: The rougher the terrain the better!

F: Wah mati...


Anyway, so we are back in Chiang Mai for another day before we bus-off to another obscure part of Thailand which is yet to be confirmed. Chiang Mai is a great city, very artsy fartsy, very laidback. Yesterday we came back from our 2D1N trekking tour, and me, with a huge collection of mosquito bites and a twisted ankle (again). It was an experience. We got to visit hill tribe villages, did a hell lot of walking, and fed and played with an elephant called chongpu. We also did water rafting, where our monkey ass guide attempted to pull each and every one of us into the water, and succeeded on me. And then we did bamboo rafting, which was more like a submarine, really, because it was half sinking and we were wet anyway so we just swam along with the raft, Titanic style. :D

Will update again soon when I can. To my worried family, I AM SAFE! And I can count from one to ten in Thai now!

Labels: ,


posted at 10:50 AM by Felice







About Me

Felicia

23

is a free spirit | is straight | loves to drink | but is a cheap drunk | loves travelling too much | lives for good food | wants to ride on a hot air balloon | hates ignorance | hates mediocrity | hates meaningless conversations | loves walking in the rain |


Indonesia, Singapore


feliciadeanneATgmailDOTcom



Archives


2003-2006



Blogroll

Beautiful amnesia
Chookoolonks
Dooce
Dubdew
Ickleoriental
Karencheng
Momster
Popagandhi
So, cat tacos?
Waiter Rant



Travel blogs

Travelfish
Travelfish blog
Out there somewhere
The globeTROTTERS
Lonely Planet Thorn Tree Travel Forum
Lonely Planet Haystack



Food blogs

Chubbyhubby
The breakfast blog
Whipped the blog
Pinch My Salt
Kitchen Unplugged



Photography

Markus Hartel
Paul Politis
Stuck in Customs



Friends

Adlin
Charles
Clement chio
Denyse
Gideon
Keerling
Kristin
Monica



Shout to me



Credits

design by maystar
graphics by maystar
powered by blogger

| maystar designs |