Complicatedly simple, or simply complicated?


Tuesday, November 18, 2008

mood sleepy


Le week-end

On Saturday I spent the afternoon making Italian meatballs. Found some recipes for the Swedish variety and I want to make it soon! Making meatballs is such a physical thing. You have to roll them into balls one by one, and sometimes laziness really gets the better of me. Haha.

There was an MPH warehouse sale at expo last weekend so I plopped by to take a look-see after my Sunday ministry in church. I think I probably went into some sort of a trance in there because in retrospect, how I managed to browse around book-after-book for THREE solid hours is really quite a feat. I felt a bit like a little girl in a candy shop. I think I sort of let loose a bit cos I figured that well, I should live a little. This particular internal dialogue happens often, by the way.







I think some of my happiest buys were the Donna Hay magazines which were selling for only 4 bucks each! A Lonely Planet Bluelist 2008 for those stuck-in-Singapore restless moments, and another Murakami book which I gleefully fished out of a box of trashy paperbacks, like finding gold in a sack of rice. I even got two children books for my tuition kid. And all of those cost me only a little more than fifty bucks.

And they were in mint condition, not dog-eared copies falling off their jackets. So satisfying, those buys! :)

Labels: ,


posted at 10:28 AM by Felice







About Me

Felicia

23

is a free spirit | is straight | loves to drink | but is a cheap drunk | loves travelling too much | lives for good food | wants to ride on a hot air balloon | hates ignorance | hates mediocrity | hates meaningless conversations | loves walking in the rain |


Indonesia, Singapore


feliciadeanneATgmailDOTcom



Archives


2003-2006



Blogroll

Beautiful amnesia
Chookoolonks
Dooce
Dubdew
Ickleoriental
Karencheng
Momster
Popagandhi
So, cat tacos?
Waiter Rant



Travel blogs

Travelfish
Travelfish blog
Out there somewhere
The globeTROTTERS
Lonely Planet Thorn Tree Travel Forum
Lonely Planet Haystack



Food blogs

Chubbyhubby
The breakfast blog
Whipped the blog
Pinch My Salt
Kitchen Unplugged



Photography

Markus Hartel
Paul Politis
Stuck in Customs



Friends

Adlin
Charles
Clement chio
Denyse
Gideon
Keerling
Kristin
Monica



Shout to me



Credits

design by maystar
graphics by maystar
powered by blogger

| maystar designs |