Complicatedly simple, or simply complicated?


Sunday, September 02, 2007

mood sad


God of My Forever.

Today after service I went to catch The Willow Tree with keiko and mei. It was my first time watching a Picture House movie at Cathay. It was quite cool actually. It screens only those artsy fartsy foreign movie. The theatre is very small but looks somewhat more atas. You can't bring food and drinks in too.

There is this thing about artsy movies. They are always so intense and emotions-provoking. Full of pregnant pauses and faces that speak a thousand words. Every little gesture seemed to tell a million stories. Anyway, The Willow Tree was in Persian (with subtitles). It was about a professor who was blind ever since he was eight years old. He had a mother, a wife and a lovely kid and his house was like a little paradise in which he was always sheltered. But unhappy about his condition, feeling shortchanged by the world, he seeked God for compassion and went to Paris to get treatment. By some miraculous chances, he managed a corneal transplant and was finally able to see. But after that 37 years of darkness and the vacuum that it had created, instead of feeling thankful for the new lease of life, he couldn't help but resent his wasted youth. He had never known how to read proper alphabets, never before known how his wife looked like, and suddenly the world was a plethora of possibilities. You get the drift.

So you see, changes are not always good. They throw people off-balance. They make you confused.

Today during worship in service, I was overcome with a fleeting moment of sadness. Everyone is changing. Nothing is the same anymore. Why? Things I had hung my happiness upon, things I had trusted so wholeheartedly and without question, suddenly everything seemed so transient.

At that moment, we were singing, God of my forever, and forever I'm with you. And I got an epiphany. But at the same time, I felt so crappy. God always had to put me through the same things more than once, because I just never get it.

How do you take changes in your stride if people are making it so difficult? I have a life too, you know. I have my dreams. I have my hopes, my desires. And it makes me sad just thinking about them because the harder I grip, the faster they seem to be slipping away from my hands.

Labels:


posted at 12:55 AM by Felice







About Me

Felicia

23

is a free spirit | is straight | loves to drink | but is a cheap drunk | loves travelling too much | lives for good food | wants to ride on a hot air balloon | hates ignorance | hates mediocrity | hates meaningless conversations | loves walking in the rain |


Indonesia, Singapore


feliciadeanneATgmailDOTcom



Archives


2003-2006



Blogroll

Beautiful amnesia
Chookoolonks
Dooce
Dubdew
Ickleoriental
Karencheng
Momster
Popagandhi
So, cat tacos?
Waiter Rant



Travel blogs

Travelfish
Travelfish blog
Out there somewhere
The globeTROTTERS
Lonely Planet Thorn Tree Travel Forum
Lonely Planet Haystack



Food blogs

Chubbyhubby
The breakfast blog
Whipped the blog
Pinch My Salt
Kitchen Unplugged



Photography

Markus Hartel
Paul Politis
Stuck in Customs



Friends

Adlin
Charles
Clement chio
Denyse
Gideon
Keerling
Kristin
Monica



Shout to me



Credits

design by maystar
graphics by maystar
powered by blogger

| maystar designs |